It’s not always realistic to run yourself a #selfcare bath, especially if life is busy or if you don’t have a big enough bathtub! But there is a way to get the same benefits of a bath without expending nearly as much time, effort, or resources. Enter: the foot soak.
Desiree Pais, meditation teacher, Chinese medicine student, and natural beauty expert, has shared her take on a therapeutic foot soak. Five minutes, four steps, and a few deep breaths will take your stress levels down and make you feel more connected to your body. “In Chinese medicine, salt has the energetic quality of draining downward, so after a long day of thinking, working, being on technology—which is very airy and in our heads—salted foot soaks help to bring the energy down from our heads and ground us so we can feel relaxed and rejuvenated,” she said.
Here’s what you’ll need for setup:
- A basin or large cooking pot
- Epsom salts
- Body oil
- Essential oils of your choice
- Warm to hot water
- Body scrub
- Pour warm to hot water into a basin. Make sure it’s warm enough that it won’t cool too quickly but tistolerable and won’t burn you.
- Sprinkle salts into the basin.
- Then add a body oil to keep feet from getting too pruny or dry. A plain jojoba or sesame body oil works well.
- If you so choose, drop in a few essential oils. Lavender is a good option here.
- While you’re letting your feet soak, use a body scrub and work it into your calves.
- Soak and put your phone away!
- When you’ve had enough, remove your feet from the basin, towel off, and finish with a body oil to lock in the moisture.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.