Vegetarian fritters: sounds a bit plain Jane, something done-and-dusted, nothing extravagant at all… but that’s because you haven’t tried these celeb-chef ones.
Created by one of the country’s top chefs, Mark Best, and everyone’s favourite Masterchef Australia contestant Brendan Pang, these fritters are anything BUT ordinary.
Let’s just say they’ll be the star dish at your Christmas party, no matter how many dishes you serve up. ’nuff said.
Mark Best and Brendan Pang’s parsnip and parsley root fritters
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large parsnips
- 4 parsley roots
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 litre grape seed oil
- 8 tablespoons rice flour
- 4 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – finely grated
- 1 clove fresh garlic – finely grated
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Whisk all of the batter ingredients together until smooth.
2. Peel the parsnips, celery root and onion.
3. Cut the onion into half and then thin slivers. Add to the batter.
4. Remove the stalk from the root vegetables and then use a coarse grater to grate into the batter. Mix well with a large spoon.
5. Heat the oil to 180°c. Add the batter to the oil one tablespoon at a time. Don’t crowd the oil and fry until golden (around 2 minutes) then turn over.
6. When golden on both sides place on a plate lined with absorbent paper. Keep warm in a 50°c oven while frying.
7. When all is fried, season with flaked salt and serve with the coriander dip on the side.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.