Dates and walnuts take the place of gluten, sugar and butter in these no-bake vegan bars. Start with very soft dates for the best results. The bars are best served very cold, just out of the freezer; make them in advance for a special party, and store extras for up to three months in the freezer. Be sure to use raw, not roasted, cashew butter for the best color and flavor; or soak /4 to 1 cup of raw cashews for six to eight hours, rinse, drain well and process in a food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Serves 8 to 12SERVINGS
- 1 cup very soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbs. rice protein powder
- 1 cup cashew butter, raw
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt, plain or lemon-flavored
- 1/4 cup agave or honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3 Tbs. ground chia seeds
- Agave or honey for blueberry topping (optional)
Cut parchment to fit the width of an 8-inch-square glass baking pan, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
Combine dates, walnuts, and salt in a food processor; process for 2 to 3 minutes on high speed until mixture is pasty and holds together when pressed with your fingers. If mixture is dry, add a teaspoon or two of water. Add protein powder and process for 30 seconds longer, until well-blended. Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan and place pan in freezer while preparing filling.
In a medium bowl, beat together cashew butter, yogurt, agave or honey, and lemon juice. Spread over crust in baking dish with a rubber spatula and smooth top. Transfer to freezer and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, until very firm.
Rinse food processor well and add blueberries, chia seeds, and agave or honey, if using. Pulse briefly to mix; mixture should be chunky. Set aside (mixture will thicken as it stands).
To serve, remove lemon-cashew bars from freezer. Run a butter knife around the edges that touch the pan directly. Using overhanging parchment as a sling, lift bars from pan and carefully peel off parchment. Transfer to a cutting board, spread with blueberry mixture, and cut into squares. Serve immediately.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.