This holiday season, try making grass-fed lamb shanks fixed southern Greece-style, with lemon juice rather than tomato sauce. To offset the cost of grass-fed meats, substitute less expensive cuts—such as lamb shanks instead of leg of lamb.
- 4 grass-fed lamb shanks
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbs. organic extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 organic lemons, plus more if desired
- 1 Tbs. oregano
- Unrefined sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Cut ½-inch slits in several places on both sides of shanks. Stuff garlic slivers into slits, lengthening or deepening as needed.
Add olive oil to bottom of a deep, lidded, 12-inch heavy roasting pan, and heat on medium-high heat. Brown all sides of shanks.
Pour lemon juice over shanks. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper on both sides, then pour water in between shanks.
Cover pan, and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, remove cover, and flip shanks. Cover pan, and bake 2 hours more, flipping shanks every 30 minutes. Check meat for tenderness: it should easily pull off the bone and have a wonderful aroma. If it doesn’t, return to oven, 15–30 minutes, until done.
Remove from oven, taste jus, and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Serve with cooked vegetables and/or brown rice, and spoon jus over both shanks and side dishes.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.