Every now and then, the body may be in need of a little cleansing and detoxification. With all the different types of food we put into our bodies – many of which aren’t entirely the best options – it’s understandable that a cleanse is necessary every now and then to ensure a positive and healthy immune system. Some people go as far as to go on month-long soup cleanses in order to get their body back in optimal working condition. But you don’t need to go to those lengths if you don’t want to! Even replacing a meal or two a day for a short while with well-made soups specifically designed for this purpose can help flush out inflammation from the body and even reduce belly fat. Here are some great soups that do just that!
HERE ARE 5 SOUPS THAT FLUSH INFLAMMATION AND BELLY FAT
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
1. BROCCOLI SOUP
This soup is an amazing concoction for detoxification. As a cruciferous vegetable, broccoli can bring down inflammation, prevent the risk of heart disease, and provide antioxidant qualities. Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 and a half cups of broccoli florets
- 3 diced stalks of celery
- 1 diced onion
- 2 finely chopped, peeled carrots
- 1 cup of either kale or spinach, depending on your preference
- The juice from half a lemon
- 2 cups of either bone broth or vegetable broth, depending on your preference
To make this delicious soup, start by placing two tablespoons of coconut oil into a pot and heating it. (You can use other oils, but coconut is best!) Toss in the broccoli, celery, and onions, and allow to cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add in your broth of choice and allow the soup to simmer for an additional five minutes. Finally, take the soup and blend it with your spinach or kale, lemon juice, and sea salt to taste until it is nice and thick. You can even throw in a couple tablespoons of collagen if you would like!
2. CURRY GINGER SOUP WITH CARROTS
Ginger is a fantastic food for the digestive system. It soothes nausea, cleanses the system, reduces excess bloat in the belly, and has even been suggested to fight inflammation. For a soup with a nice spicy kick to provide the cleanse you need in a more thorough way, look no further than this one! Here is what you’ll need.
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of curry powder, depending on your preference
- 2 tablespoons each of minced ginger and minced garlic
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- Half a can of light coconut milk
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
Start by placing two tablespoons of some coconut oil alongside the curry powder into a pot and heating it. (You can use other oils, but coconut is best!) Use this to cook up your ginger and garlic. Pour in your broth with the carrots and cook once more. Once the soup mix has reached a boil, allow it to simmer for 25 minutes. Finally, blend it all as you add the coconut milk in slowly!
3. ZUCCHINI AND BASIL SOUP
Did you know zucchini is technically a fruit? Even so, we typically treat it more like a vegetable, and it’s almost a superfood with all its benefits. It boosts digestion, manages blood glucose, aids in weight loss, and reduces inflammation – all while also boosting heart health! Here’s a great soup to make with this ingredient.
- 6 zucchinis
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- Half a cup of chopped white onions
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 quart of bone broth, preferably turkey
Using oil of your choice, cook up the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Once you think it’s ready, pour in the zucchinis and broth and allow to cook for about 20 minutes. The soup should be brought to a boil. Then take the pot off the stove and blend the soup with the basil, adding pepper and salt to taste.
4. RED LENTIL AND SWEET POTATO SOUP
Lentils are great superfoods, so it makes sense that detoxifying soup with this ingredient made it onto our list. Here’s how to make it.
- Half a cup of rinsed red lentils
- 2 large peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 large peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 peeled and chopped apple
- 1 small chopped white onion
- Approximately 1 inch of minced and peeled fresh ginger
- Half a teaspoon each of ground cumin, paprika, and chili powder
- 4 and a half cups of either vegetable or bone broth, depending on your preferences
- Coconut cream
Start by warming a quarter cup of oil of your choice (preferably either olive oil, coconut oil, or ghee) over medium heat. Add the potatoes, apple, carrots, and onion, then allow to cook for 10 minutes or until the onions are crystallized. Place your broth, ginger, lentils, cumin, paprika, and chili powder into the mixture. Allow the soup to boil for around 30 minutes, and then blend. Finally, allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. Season with black pepper and sea salt to taste and top the soup with some coconut cream.
5. CARROT AND GINGER SOUP
Not to be confused with our curry version of this soup, this wholesome soup has all the benefits of the previous one – and more. Carrots are also known for helping to combat inflammation from arthritis, and the ginger will help your digestive system, promoting belly fat loss. Here are the ingredients for this hearty soup.
- 2 pounds of chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- 2 peeled and chopped onions
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 6 cups of either bone or vegetable broth, depending on your preferences
- 1 cup of coconut milk
Pour the broth with the ginger, carrots, and garlic into a pan. Bring the soup to a boil, then let simmer. At this point, throw in either 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or 2 tablespoons of ghee into the pain along with your onions, mixing until a paste forms. You’ll then want to blend the onions until thick. Add coconut milk, sea salt, onion powder, and black pepper to taste. Optionally, you can throw in some collagen powder or plain protein powder for an extra boost.