When you hear the word diet, you automatically think of a lifeless plate of food filled with nothing but poached chicken and steamed veg.
But we’re not about that life because what is life if there’s no dessert, right?
These keto-approved desserts will hit all those cravings, whether you’re on 2018’s most-loved diet or not. They’re packed with gut-loving and waistline-friendly ingredients that won’t leave you feeling sluggish or guilty.
And as for that keto flu? Ain’t nobody got time for that because all those symptoms are nowhere to be seen now you have these recipes on hand.
1. Granola with berries
- 2 cups of coconut flakes
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tbs linseeds
- ½ cup macadamias
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 2-3tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 cup Coconut yoghurt (to serve)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (to serve)
1. Pre-heat the oven 180C.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl including spices.
3. Add the coconut oil and honey – and combine thoroughly.
4. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread the ingredients onto the baking trays and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes (swap trays at midway point).
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve with coconut yoghurt and berries.
2. Blueberry & chocolate ice-cream
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ACV or lime juice
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs MCT
- 100g butter
- ¾ cup frozen berries
- ½ cup cocao
- 1 tsp honey
1. Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blitz for 10-20 seconds or until mixture is lump-free.
2. Remove from the blender, transfer it to a take away container, and place it in the freezer.
3. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving.
4. Top with some toasted nuts.
3. Scott Gooding Mess
- ¼ cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tbs nut butter or peanut butter
- 1 tbs pepitas
- 1 tbs walnuts – lightly crushed
- 1tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs shredded coconut (toasted optional)
- 1-2 tbs coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbs MCT (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients. Serve.
4. Hot nutty choc
- 250ml coconut milk or nut milk of your choice
- 1-2 tbs triple choc spread (see below)
1. Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan, bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
2. Transfer the hot milk to blender and add the triple nut choc spread.
3. Blitz on low for 20 seconds or until combined (ensure lid is on securely). Remove from the jug and serve.
Triple nut choc spread
Makes a big batch
- 2 cups of macadamias
- 1 cup of brazil nuts
- ½ cup of pecans
- ¼ cup cocao powder
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 60 secs or more until fully combined.
2. Remove from the jug and store in airtight containers.
5. Breakfast parfait
- 1 green apple– shredded
- 2 small carrot – grated
- ½ cup walnuts – crushed
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 lemon – zested & juiced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 250ml coconut cream
1. Chill the coconut cream for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine apple, carrots, seeds and coconut.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut cream (water removed) with lemon zest.
4. Serve in a glass layering the seed mix and coconut cream. Top with blueberries.